Faced with the diversity of industrial environments, maintenance missions are extremely complex and expose operators to various risks. It is to resolve these issues and meet the needs of maintenance professionals that we have imagined the Meca Modul Platforms.
Solutions adapted to users and their environment
At the crossroads between standard solutions and tailor-made solutions, the modules of this concept are pre-designed and adapted to many access, work and circulation situations in an industrial environment. The modules are easy to assemble and above very safe.
How To Choose Your MECA MODUL®
1. Choose Between The 3 Module Uses
2. Choose Your Configuration
You have at your disposal more than 20 pre-designed solutions for which you can choose the access / working height (from 2.20 to 2.96 m) and the platform length (from 0 to 2.00 m ). Available from 1 to 5 steps, these modules meet the majority of the industry professionals needs.
Free-space under walk ways and platforms
3-step models in 0.5 / 1 /1.5 / 2 m versions Height: 15 cm. Length: 0.25 / 0.75 / 1.25 / 1.75 m
4-step models in 0.5 / 1 /1.5 / 2 m versions Height: 34 cm. Length: 0.25 / 0.75 / 1.25 / 1.75 m
5-step models in 0.5 / 1 /1.5 / 2 m versions Height: 53 cm. Length: 0.25 / 0.75 / 1.25 / 1.75 m
3. Choose Your Safety And Comfort Options
You can personalize your MECA MODUL® by equipping it with additional options (handrails, safety guardrails and access gate).
4. Quickly Receive Your Parcels
MECA MODUL® products are packaged in palletized boxes and can be assembled by oneself. The assembly instructions have been designed in an educational way to make assembly quick and easy.
Meca Modul® platforms and walkways comply with the EN 14 122 standard, and Meca Modul® stepladders comply with the EN 14 183 standard. These two standards provide a framework for the design and manufacturing requirements of these products in order to guarantee an optimal level of safety for the user.The main requirements of the EN 14 122 standard:
- Withstand minimum loads: 200kg/m² distributed across the platform and 150 kg at point load (at a point of 200 mm by 200 mm)
- Have permanent non-slip surfaces
- Have fall-protection elements: Skirting boards ≥ 100 mm for any free space > 20 mm. Guardrails > 1.100 mm with intermediate rail (maximum spacing of 500 mm) if there is a risk of falling at > 50 cm.
- Be designed to withstand the use of the product and provide protection features at given load levels: the product does not tip over, the deck is resistant (when passing along it) and the structure does not buckle (steps, guardrails, deck).
The main requirements of the EN 14 183 standard:
- Withstand the minimum load: 150 kg
- Respect the minimum dimensions: 80 mm deep and 200 mm wide steps
- Have non-slip features: e.g. rubber feet and non-slip (grooved) steps
The standard also aims to promote ergonomics and comfort
- Easy-to-use structure: easy entry, easy exit and intuitive use of handrails and other supports. This implies that the width should be at least 500 mm for platforms and walkways ≤ 2 m in length.
- The choice of equipment must be made according to the use and environment of the product: presence of obstacles, number of simultaneous users, space required for work, etc.
The Meca Modul® range is designed for intensive use, by one person at a time, and with or without tools. It can also be adapted to confined spaces.