Many people choose to install a loft ladder to make it easier to access their loft space. Loft ladders can provide convenient and safe access to your attic and can be installed relatively easily. TB Davies makes it easy to install a loft ladder correctly and ensures you buy the right size.
These 5 easy steps will help you on your way.
- Measure the opening in your ceiling where you’ll be installing the loft ladder. You’ll need to know the length and width of the opening and the floor-to-ceiling height so that you can purchase a ladder that fits correctly. For example, our loft ladder range fits floor-to-ceiling heights up to 2.8m.
- Choose a location for the ladder close to a support joist. This will help ensure that the ladder is sturdy and will not wobble when you use it.
- Move any obstacles in the way of the chosen installation location, such as electrical wires. Getting an electrician to do this preparation may be necessary unless you can site the loft ladder elsewhere in the loft. It’s essential to have a clear path for the ladder so it can be safely installed.
- Install the frame of the loft ladder according to the instructions that come with it. Make sure the frame is level and secure before proceeding to step 5.
- Install the rest of the loft ladder according to the instructions. Follow all instructions carefully to avoid accidents while using the ladder.
Installing a loft ladder provides convenient and safe access to your attic space. Following these five steps, you can install a loft ladder quickly and easily. Just be sure to measure the opening carefully, choose a sturdy location, and follow all instructions carefully during installation.
For help or guidance with installing your loft ladder, please call our support team for more assistance.