As environment Secretary Hilary Benn outlines his 20-year plan to increase food production on British farms. TB Davies the access and ground support equipment manufacturing group is about to unveil a range of new products that are designed specifically for use by the food production industry.
Ladder and access specialist TB Davies unveils plans to expand its food industry portfolio Key Accounts Manager Chris Chivell explained, “We have developed strong links with a huge amount of food factories over the years and are regularly called upon to provide advice and tailor made solutions. The manufacturing works are often sited in older buildings and providing access that is both safe and hygienic can be challenging.”
The company has supplied some of industries leading brands including Aunt Bessie’s, Walkers, Heinz and many more. Chris Chivell continued, “Some of the projects are satisfied simply by either a stainless steel mobile step or glass fibre step for example. Whereas more sophisticated apparatus to access hoppers and the internal apparatus on production lines have be specially planned by our design team.”
The company reaches the market both directly and through its resale network and now has its sight set on the agricultural supply sector. Communications Director James Gray said, “The Company’s name is already synonymous for quality and service in the food production sector. However, the group’s mission is to use our new factory to develop relationships in the agriculture and farm supply sectors.”
With the government at the Oxford conference this week putting more emphasis and a supportive framework in place for farming, the group feels it is well positioned to deliver the exacting access requirements demanded by the industry.
“We are currently ensuring that the product offer is correct and are putting together the final touches to our 2010 product catalogue. We are confident the new product range coupled with our Next Day Delivery if you order by 5pm on standard lines will have a strong appeal to farm supply sector.” concluded James Gray. For more information on how to become a TB Davies reseller visit www.tbdavies.co.uk or contact TB Davies on 029 2071 3000.”
TB Davies Ltd
- Family firm established in 1945 by T. Bryn Davies
- One of the largest independent manufacturers and distributors of access equipment in the UK – ladders, steps, towers, podiums, safety accessories, staircases etc
- Route to market – national merchants, independent tool merchants, industrial mail order, blue-chip industrials and directly via ecommerce website ladders-online
- Manufacturer of customised and specialist access equipment for bespoke projects, including Ministry of Defence, Easy Jet and Rolls Royce amongst others
- Members of the Ladder Association